Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, you can contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1600
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Attention: Privacy Officer
You may also call us at any of our numbers listed at https://www.marublue.net/contact/.
You may also actively provide us with personal information when you use our Site or otherwise interact with us. For example, you will actively submit personal information to us when you fill out a form, sign up to become a member of our Market Communities, create an account, or send an email to us. In this context, we may ask you to provide contact information such as your name, email address, and physical address; social media information such as your social profile; login information such as user name and password; and other information such as survey responses, photo uploads, and forum posts. In each instance, you will know what data categories you provide, because you will be actively entering the information.
We may link information that you automatically provide with information that you actively submit. When such a linkage occurs, we treat the combined data as personal data.
We automatically use, passively provided information on your technical environment and browsing history to operate and optimize our Site.
We use your contact information including your email address and phone number to send you the information you have requested; for example, when you fill out the Contact Us or other forms on our site, subscribe to our blog or apply for a job. You may at any time choose to stop receiving emails from us by using one of the unsubscribe options we provide. Please see the Your Choices section of this Policy for more information about opting-out of communications.
Your personal information is not retained by us for longer than necessary for the legally permissible purposes for which it was collected as outlined in this Policy, as required under applicable retention policies and as required or permitted in accordance with applicable law.
We do not share your personal information with third parties, except in the following cases:
• with your consent
• with affiliated and unaffiliated services providers that act on our behalf and under our instructions to help us operate our business (data processors)
• in redacted or aggregated form that cannot be used to identify you individually.
• if required or permitted by law, including as necessary to comply with the law, to protect the rights or safety of our website, other users, or third parties (e.g., for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes; for protecting and defending the rights or property of Maru/Blue, its customers, other users, or member of the public), or
• with a buyer of all or substantially all of our assets relating to a particular business line or division, or in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or restructuring.
You have a variety of choices regarding which personal information we may collect, process and use and for what purposes. Wherever reasonably practical, we will provide you with the ability to use the features of the Site without submitting personal information to us or to use a pseudonym. Some areas of the Site however, such as registration forms, questionnaires and submissions to our Careers section require you to provide accurate and up to date personal information and your choice is to not use such areas and features. You can contact us to request that we correct or stop using your personal information, or to find out what personal information we have collected about you:
• Email Communications – You may opt-out of receiving marketing and other promotional emails from us at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe links embedded within the emails we send, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. Members of our Market Communities and other communities we own can opt-out of participating by using the Unsubscribe links embedded in emails, or by using the Unsubscribe option in the Profile section of the member portal. Some emails are transactional in nature, including emails we send to our clients regarding the services they have purchased. These emails do not provide the ability to opt-out
• Data Access, Correction & Deletion – You may request access to your personal information to confirm that it is in our possession, to ensure that it is accurate and to make corrections, or to request that it be removed/anonymized. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible and will need to verify your identity before providing you with access to the personal information we hold about you.
In some cases, we may be unable to accommodate your request if we are unable to verify your identity, if we are prohibited by law, if disclosure would result in the disclosure of the personal information of others, or if the request is unreasonable or impractical. If we are unable to process your request for these or any other reasons, we will provide you with an explanation of the reason for denial, and you will be permitted to request a review.
All requests for information should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the mailing address listed above.
International Considerations and Data Transfers
Information collected on this Site may be processed outside of the country you are visiting from. Generally, we process personal information in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. Occasionally, we use service providers located in other jurisdictions to process data on our behalf and under our instructions.
At all times, we take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is processed securely, and in accordance with international data transfer laws and this Policy.
Maru/Blue has implemented commercially reasonable safeguards and precautions to protect your personal information, including technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. These measures include utilizing secure Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) connections for data collected via our platform, employee training, policies, and secure facilities. Access to personal information is restricted to employees and contractors who have a need to know and who are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of information. Failure to meet these requirements can result in termination and/or criminal prosecution where applicable
• Reporting Abuse – Maru/Blue disclaims any responsibility for clients who use our services to engage in illegal or unethical behavior and will take any action we deem necessary should we discover such activity is taking place including suspension or termination of service. If you suspect a breach, or have concerns with the manner in which our clients are using our services, please immediately contact us at email@example.com. If you have general questions including requesting to opt-out of any use of your data, please use the support link provided within your member portal.
• Maru/Blue Communications to our Clients –When we are required to do so in order to provide services to our clients, we may send service related emails such as maintenance notifications, responses to Support inquiries, billing notices, account management emails, and password reset emails. Generally, you may not opt-out of these types of communications as they are not promotional in nature. We will occasionally send promotional emails as well, which do provide you the ability to opt-out of similar communications. We may also communicate with you by phone or postal mail.
This site is not intended for or directed at children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 13. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a person under 13 years of age, we will promptly take commercially reasonable measures to delete such information from our systems.
Changes to this Policy
Maru/Blue encourages you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed of how we manage your personal information. If any changes are made to this Policy, Maru/Blue will revise the "Last Updated" date that is indicated on the Policy.
Last Updated: January 14, 2019